As we all know that GST system is now become computerized and online, it is anticipated that the processing of GST refund applications would be quicker and easier. A delay in refund would cause problem for the exporters/ manufacturers in maintaining the working capital and cash flow. There is no tracking option is available after the Refund Pre- Application Form is submitted on the GST Portal.
GST refund claim as per section 54 of CGST Act, 2017:
- In case of excess GST is paid due to mistake.
- Export of goods or services.
- Deemed exports.
- Refund of pre- deposit.
- Refund of accumulated input tax credit due to inverted duly structure.
- Finalization of provisional assessment.
- Pre- deposit return.
- Refund on the topic of refund vouchers for taxes charged on advances not provided with products or services have not been supplied.
- CGST & SGST refund paid by treating the supply as intra state supply which is subsequently held as inter- state supply and vice versa.
What is the process of Pre- Application Form for GST Refund?
The process to fill Pre- Application Form for GST Refund is:
- Click on gst.gov.in.
- Click on “Service” -> “Refund” -> Click on “Refund Pre- fill Application Form”.
- The Pre- fill Application Form will be displayed.
What details are captured in Refund Pre- Application Form?
The following details are captured in Refund Pre- Application Form:
- Nature of Business
- Date of Issue of IEC (only for exporters)
- Aadhaar Number of Primary Authorized Signatory
- Value of Exports made in the Financial Year 2019- 2020 (till date) (only for Exporter).
- Income tax paid in Financial Year 2018-2019.
- Advance tax paid in Financial year 2019-2020 (till date).
- Capital Expenditure and investment made in Financial Year 2018-2019.
Is Refund Pre- Application Form can be revised?
No, Once the taxpayer has submitted the Refund Pre- Application Form then it cannot be edited, revised or re- submitted again.