The income tax return (ITR) deadline is completed by the leading person for the 2021-22 financial year and the inspection year 2022-23 dated 31 July 2022. Thus, those individual taxpayers who have an annual income amount of up to ₹ 50 lakh in the hall, one-room house and other sources of income can file an ITR-1 form with the date provided for completing the ITR. The ITR-1 form can be completed and submitted online as well. It can be completed in fully online mode or offline mode and partially offline.
Table of content
What is ITR filing?
Income Tax Return or ITR as we might call it is a form in which all taxpayers must declare their taxable income to all sources. Not only this but the taxpayer must also state all applicable deductions and taxes if applicable, on the IT Return Form. Submitting this form to the Income Tax Department is called ITR Filing or Income Tax Return. Regardless of the Accounting Year approved by the taxpayer, you are required to file a Revenue Annual Tax Return (ie April to March).
Due dates Department ITR Filing for Companies (Private Limited Companies & OPCs) for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
- For companies that do not require an audit T, the deadline for completing the ITR for FY 2021-22 is July 31, 2022.
- The deadline for applying for the ITR for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23) for companies that need to be audited is 31 October , 2022.
- The deadline for the Tax Audit Report is September 30, 2022.
Last Date of Income Tax Return Filing for AY 2022-23
- The deadline to complete the Income Tax Return by Assess is required to submit a report under section 92E by 30 November 2022.
- The deadline for issuing a Report from the Auditor-General of persons entering into an international transaction or specified domestic transaction under section 92E of the Last Year Act 2020-21, is at least one month prior to the deadline for filing a refund / Section 139 (1)
How to file a ITR in online mode
To complete the ITR with 100% digital mode, one needs to log in to the official income tax website – incometax.gov.in, login with your details using the PAN / Aadhaar number as your user ID and follow the step-by-step instructions below. guide:
- Login to the official income tax website – incometax.gov.in; Documents required for ITR
- Go to E-file and select Income Tax Return;
- Select ‘File Income Tax Return’ from the menu;
- Select Financial Year 2021-22;
- Choose ‘Online’ on mode of filing option;
- Select ‘Individual’ in application status and ITR-1 form on the landing page;
- Click on ‘Let’s get started’;
- Select a valid reason to complete the ITR and click on the ‘Continue’ option;
- Verify 5 tabs – Personal information, total income, deductions, taxes paid and total tax liability – under the ‘Let’s verify your pre-completed refund’ option;
- Go to the Restore Summary option and check that all 5 tabs are displayed verified in this option. After checking 5 tabs after verification, click ‘Continue’ for the tax summation tab ;;
- On the tax summary tab, one can view a personal tax summary (no, no refunds);
- Then go to the announcement tab and fill in the required information and click on ‘Preview Restore’ option;
- After verifying that the completed information is accurate and correct, one needs to click on the ” Continue to verify ‘option. In the event of an error, one can correct the information by selecting the ‘Edit’ option; and
- After successfully verifying a person’s ITR, a person needs to verify his or her tax return. This can be done online via Aadhaar OTP, net banking etc., or the taxpayer can take the printer to personal ITR-V, sing it and mail it to the CPC, Tax Department, Bengaluru within 120 days of ITR e- filling.
The end of this article is near. By using this guide, you can easily file your tax returns. Having a clear daily understanding of tax-related issues can make this process smooth and easy.